Newington Credit Union is a co-operative. It was formed in 1967 by a group of people in the community, getting together to help themselves and others
The temporary premises were the Holy Family Boys’ Primary School and the Common Bond was the Holy Family Parish. Their goal was to help people to save regularly and borrow wisely.
During the years Newington Credit Union has grown in membership. The current premises are situated at 239/243 Duncairn Gardens. The Common Bond has been extended and it now covers BT15 and parts of BT1, BT13 and BT14.
Newington Credit Union employs a Chief Executive Officer and full and part-time staff to look after the day to day running of the Credit Union. The Board of Directors & Committee members all work on a voluntary basis.
From the beginning, the one thing that has not changed is the Credit Union Principle:
Not for profit, not for gain.
Equality, equity and mutual self-help.
Non-discrimination in race, religion, politics, sex and nationality.
Want to find out more?
Telephone – 028 9035 1040
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright British Credit Union Historical Society 2018 – All rights reserved