Magherafelt & District No 3 Credit Union was founded in 1988 and is a not-for-profit financial organisation.
The Credit Union was formed by a group of local residents who felt that the time was right to offer savings schemes and low-cost loans facilities to the local community. In the early days the Credit Union volunteers operated in Magherafelt Orange Hall (kindly loaned) but, as the years passed, and the organisation grew to a more secure financial footing, purpose-built facilities were erected onto the back of the existing Orange Hall.
2008 was an exciting year for the Credit Union as they under took a major overhaul and expansion programme. The intention was to offer existing members even more services and encourage new membership from the local area and it paid off.
In 2010 the Credit Union took the difficult decision to leave their existing premises in the Orange Hall and move to purpose-built premises in Kirk Avenue, Magherafelt. These premises are more accessible to the public, have the advantage of a “shop front” and provide more facilities for the Staff, Directors and ultimately the members.
Want to find out more?
Telephone – 028 7930 1744
Email – email@example.com
Copyright British Credit Union Historical Society 2018 – All rights reserved