Keady Credit Union was founded in October 1967 but as required was registered as an Industrial and Provident Society Company number NO000039
The first place of business was in a rented room and it not until 1977 they acquired the current premises.
The Credit Union refurbished the premises which and the Common Bond was also extended to serve the wider community
Membership is now open to those who reside within the common bond Keady Urban District, Clay, Derrynoose, Carnagh, Drum, Middletown, Madden, Tynan, Brootally, Ballyards, Crossmore, Lisnadill, Armaghbreague, Collone, Ballymacnab, Clady, Tassagh, Granemore and Darkley.
There are currently over 6000 Adult members and over 1250 Juvenile members from a number of schools who participate in many Credit Union events, including the annual art competition and the national credit union schools quiz run by the Irish League of Credit Unions.
Shares have exceeded thirteen million and loans under four and half million. Junior accounts have exceeded seven hundred thousand pounds.
Want to find out more?
Visit the Keady Credit Union website, or get in touch with their team:
Telephone – 028 37531752
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright British Credit Union Historical Society 2018 – All rights reserved