This credit union is a local, not for profit financial institution. Established in 1958 by a group of local people registering in January 1971 as an Industrial and Provident Society with the company number NO000028
The original founder members struggled against a backdrop of social deprivation and unemployment to build a solid foundation that would last.
From then they continue to provide the services of Savings and Loans to members and specialise in providing a safe place for savings and loans in the community.
The operations and management of the credit union is proud of its heritage and continues to be governed by the members and voluntary Board of Directors. to whom the community owe a huge debt of gratitude to those past and present.
The Common Bond has extended wider afield, to areas which were not already being served by any other credit union. Membership continues to grow and is currently over 15000 and has who are served from 10 offices in the local areas.
The credit union is very active in the Schools within the Common Bond, who participate in many Credit Union events, including the annual Art Competition and CU Schools quiz run by the Irish league of Credit Unions.
Want to find out more?
Telephone – 028 4377 8612
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright British Credit Union Historical Society 2018 – All rights reserved